Related keywords

Farming locality on the bank of the Kye Burn, a major tributary of the Taieri River, 15km east of Ranfurly. The vast Kyeburn run was taken up in 1858 by the partners Alexander McMaster and John Borton, then in 1875 bought up by runholder and later politician, Mackay John Scobie McKenzie.

Meaning of place name
Originally known as Cows Creek, the change to Kyeburn was a natural one in a predominantly Scottish community: 'ky' is an old Scottish word for cow.

Images and media for kyeburn